Barkly Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Barkly Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing barkly.nt.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Barkly for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Barkly?
Barkly Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums, and Historical Venues in and Around the Region of Barkly in Northern Territory, Australia
The region of Barkly in Northern Territory, Australia is home to a great number of galleries, museums, and historical venues that offer a fascinating look into the region's art, culture, and history. From historic buildings to contemporary art galleries, there is something to appeal to visitors of all ages and interests.
1. The Tennant Creek Visitor Centre: This is the perfect place to start your tour of the region. Located in the heart of Tennant Creek, the Visitor Centre is home to a great collection of maps, brochures, and other materials that will help you plan your visit. The centre also offers a range of exhibitions and displays that provide a glimpse into the region's history, culture, and natural environment.
2. Nyinkka Nyunyu Art and Culture Centre: Located in the town of Tennant Creek, the Nyinkka Nyunyu Art and Culture Centre is a must-visit destination for art lovers. The centre showcases the work of local Aboriginal artists practising traditional painting, carving, weaving, and storytelling. Featuring a permanent exhibition, temporary exhibitions, workshops, and artists in residence, the centre is a lively hub of creativity and cultural exchange.
3. Battery Hill Mining Centre: If you're interested in the history of mining in the Northern Territory, a visit to the Battery Hill Mining Centre is a must. Located in the town of Tennant Creek, this site offers a fascinating look into the region's mining heritage, with exhibits featuring mining artifacts, old machinery, and interactive displays. You can even take an underground tour and experience what it was like to work in the mines firsthand.
4. Tennant Creek Telegraph Station: This historic building, located just outside of Tennant Creek, was an important communication hub during the early days of European settlement in the region. Today, it serves as both a museum and a visitor centre, giving visitors a chance to tour the old telegraph station, see period displays, and learn about the region's rich history.
5. The Barkly Region Arts Centre: This contemporary art gallery, located in the town of Tennant Creek, is the region's major cultural facility. The centre hosts a range of exhibitions, performances, and workshops throughout the year. From cutting-edge installations to local cultural events, the centre is a vibrant hub of creative expression.
6. The Outback Experience: Located just outside of Tennant Creek, this unique venue offers visitors a chance to experience life on a working cattle station. You can see stockmen in action, watch sheep being shorn, and even take a camel ride. For a taste of authentic Outback life, this is an experience not to be missed.
7. The Davenport Range National Park: This stunning park, located about 150km south-east of Tennant Creek, is a paradise for nature lovers. Featuring rugged landscapes, stunning gorges, and a wide range of wildlife, the park offers visitors a chance to hike, camp, and explore the natural beauty of the region.
the region of Barkly in Northern Territory, Australia boasts a wealth of galleries, museums, and historical venues that provide a fascinating look into the region's art, culture, and history. From the Nyinkka Nyunyu Art and Culture Centre to the Davenport Range National Park, there is something to appeal to visitors of all ages and interests. Whether you're interested in Aboriginal art, mining history, or natural wonders, a visit to this region is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Barkly Galleries and Museums Articles