Barkly Local Services
Barkly ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Barkly site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Barkly Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Barkly When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Barkly Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Barkly Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Barkly ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Barkly and a Place to Meet
The barkly.nt.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Barkly
Interesting Facts about the Barkly Region in Northern Territory, Australia
- The Barkly region covers an area of 284,560 square kilometers, making it one of the largest pastoral areas in the Northern Territory.
- The region is named after Sir Henry Barkly, a former governor of Victoria and South Australia.
- The Barkly Highway, which runs from Queensland to the Northern Territory, passes through the region and is an important transport route for freight, tourism, and industry.
- The Barkly Tableland, a large elevated area in the region, is home to many unique species of fauna and flora, including the rare Carpentarian rock rat.
- The region has a rich cultural heritage, with many Indigenous communities living in the area for thousands of years. They have a deep connection to the land, and their art and traditions reflect their spiritual beliefs and lifestyle.
- The Barkly region is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with many opportunities for camping, fishing, hunting, and hiking. The region is also home to several national parks and reserves, such as the Limmen National Park and the Davenport Ranges National Park.
- The town of Tennant Creek, located in the Barkly region, is famous for its gold mining history and has been an important mining center since the 1930s. Today, the town is a thriving hub for tourism, business, and culture.
- The Barkly region has a diverse economy, with industries such as agriculture, mining, tourism, and pastoralism contributing to its growth and development.
- The Barkly region experiences a hot and dry climate, with temperatures often exceeding 40°C in summer and dropping below freezing in winter. It is also prone to occasional cyclones, floods, and bushfires.
- The Barkly region is a fascinating and beautiful part of Australia, full of history, culture, and natural wonders. Whether you are exploring its rugged landscapes or learning about its rich cultural heritage, there is always something new to discover in this unique and dynamic region.