Barkly Events National
Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
Starts Tuesday February 1st 2022 at 12:54pm
February is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.
Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held each year in Australia to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer, to share the stories of real women affected by the disease, to highlight the risk factors for ovarian cancer and educate Australians on ovarian cancer diagnosis and treatment.
You can take action during Awareness Month and beyond!
Share messages of awareness online
- Symptoms animated GIF
- Risk Factors animated GIF
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month 2018 tile
- "Pap tests do not detect ovarian cancer" awareness tile
- "Treatment has not changed in 30 years" awareness tile
In 2022, Ovarian Cancer Australia will be taking action:
- Action for prevention programs: We will start the year working with a number of institutes on ovarian cancer prevention programs that will save lives.
- Action for more high impact research: We will continue to advocate for increased funding into priority areas of high impact research set out in the National Action Plan for Ovarian Cancer Research and work to secure additional investment for critical research infrastructure such as the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study biobank.
- Action towards better treatment: We will continue to support the Ovarian Cancer Clinical Registry being developed in partnership with Monash University. This initiative will improve treatment outcomes for women giving them a longer and better quality of life.
- Action towards greater awareness: We will invest more resources into creating awareness about the signs, symptoms and risk factors; driving our fundraising programs and; most importantly building awareness of our support resources amongst oncology health professionals.
- Action for our Women: We will provide more support services for women living with ovarian cancer and the passionate families past and present who support them.
Go to Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
Support Australian Please Like and Share Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners